Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Activities
Use the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Practice Focus filter in the ACC.21 Online Planner to browse sessions.
The American College of Cardiology is committed to improving diversity, equity, and inclusion within the cardiovascular workforce and the College's leadership and membership, and recognizes the success of its mission to transform cardiovascular care and improve heart health is dependent on including people, as members and as leaders, who provide a diversity of backgrounds, experiences, ideas and perspectives.
In addition, diversity is not just an issue for cardiologists, it is an issue for quality patient care, which is why the ACC is committed to improving diversity and inclusion in the practice of cardiology, and at the College. Learn more about ACC's commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Don't miss the following activities taking place during ACC.21 focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Cross-Sector Perspectives on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Opportunities to Strengthen the Cardiovascular Field Together (Session 4007)
- How Are Members Doing? (Session 6507)
- Getting to the Heart of Costs and Quality: Global Perspectives on Value-based Care (session 6511)
- Achieving Gender Equity in Cardiology (Session 6512)
- Intensive Session I: COVID-19 — Uncovering the Silver Linings (Session 51)
- Lower Extremity PAD: Diagnostic Dilemmas, Disparities, and Patient Centered Outcomes (Session 646)
- Disparities and the Role of Social Determinants of Health in Acute and Stable Ischemic Heart Disease (Session 623)
- Cultivating an Antiracist Culture in Cardiovascular Medicine (Session 5005)
- Perspectives on Pulmonary Hypertension — A "Global Health Spoken Here" Session (Session 683)
- Unmasking the Effect of COVID-19 on Heart Failure in Diverse Populations: Joint Symposium of the Association of Black Cardiologists and the American College of Cardiology (Session 708)
- Working Together to Improve Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease Care Around the World — A "Global Health Spoken Here" Session (Session 717)
- Pharmacologic and Lifestyle Management for ISHD: Why Disparities in Care Matter (Session 639)
- Holy Estrogen! Sex Disparities in Heart Failure Therapies: Biology, Bias or Both? (Session 649)
- Gender-Specific Care of Patients with Acute Coronary Syndrome (Session 681)
- Clinical Trials Research: Upping Your Game (Session 700)
- Getting to the Root of Dietary Effects (Session 719)
- COVID 19 and Heart Failure: Lessons Learned and Future Directions (Session 738)
- Overcoming Therapeutic Inertia: Maximizing Guideline Driven Medical Therapy in Heart Failure (Session 749)
- Lessons From COVID in Racial/Ethnic Disparities: Implications for CV Prevention and Care (Session 783)
- Professionalism and Ethics in Cardiology (Session 788)
| 2021 American College of Cardiology Foundation. Visit ACC.org|