The Special Topics Pathway creates connections between educational specialties, links diverse groups through common interests and highlights cutting-edge research that defies easy categorization. Sessions acknowledge the far-reaching changes taking place in medicine today and provides insight on how to handle the changes most effectively to enhance patient care and your career.
All cardiovascular professionals encounter both challenges and opportunities in today’s shifting environment, changes that will affect how you practice medicine and care for your patients. New pharmaceuticals or innovative treatment possibilities offer exciting options. We also face challenges presented by changing or uncertain reimbursement guidelines, MACRA and additional value-based systems. Yet, opportunities exist in all these challenges and the increased use of cardiovascular care teams has helped to improve patient outcomes and enhanced job opportunities for many cardiovascular professionals. This year, the cardiovascular team expands even more with the increase of multidisciplinary input from other specialists in many sessions.
Begin your days with hot-off-the-presses Late-Breaking Clinical Trials (LBCTs) featuring new research results, devices or pharmaceuticals that may transform the practice of your specialty. Be sure to attend the special deep-dive sessions on Sunday and Monday to hear experts review the impact of the LBCT results. Find important sessions that explore innovative treatment centers, social media, expanding cardiovascular teams and policy issues. Whether it’s Special Topics or one of the many clinical Learning Pathway programs, you’ll find information that will help you address the challenges and opportunities taking place now and in the future. Explore new possibilities in cardiovascular care, expand your career horizons, engage with colleagues and attain the knowledge you need to provide optimum care for your patients.
- Achieving the Quadruple Aim in Healthcare (Session #675)
- Payment Reform: Update From the Trenches (Session #727)
- I <3 Cardiovascular Medicine in <140 Characters: Making the Most of #SoMe (Session #674)
- The Nuts & Bolts of Starting a Niche CV Program at Your Institution: Heart Centers for Women, Cardio-Oncology, Sports Cardiology (Session #741)
- Special WIC Brown Bag Lunch Session: Women Leading the Way Throughout CV Specialties (Session #620)
- Creating Your Magic: Life Beyond Cardiology (Session #6005)
- Featured Clinical Research (Session #402)
- Stroke: From Intervention to Prevention (Session #634)
- Critical Care Cardiology: The Why; the Where; and the How (Session #659)
- Case Studies from the Guidelines for Clinicians (Session #810)
- 6th Annual Cardiovascular Updates for the Clinician: A Symposium by Valentin Fuster, MD, PhD, MACC (Session #106 – 110)
| 2018 American College of Cardiology Foundation. Visit ACC.org|