Special Topics Learning Pathway
Learn more about these sessions and more happening at ACC.19.
Download the Dynamic Program Chart.
The Special Topics Pathway fulfills a different purpose from the topic specific clinical learning pathways. It creates connections between educational specialties, links diverse groups through common interests and highlights cutting-edge research. Sessions in this year's Special Topics Pathway acknowledge the far-reaching changes taking place in medicine today and provide insight on how to most effectively enhance patient care.
Some sessions focus on issues with career development, diversity issues, and social media use in cardiology. Others relate to new research findings or guidelines. ACC.19 is more than a meeting because it embraces the whole of cardiovascular medicine and encourages the melding of information across specialist pathways, providing a more complete picture of cardiovascular medicine today.
When it comes to Special Topics, begin your days at ACC.19 with Late Breaking Clinical Trials (LBCTs) featuring new research results, devices or pharmaceuticals that may transform the practice of your specialty. Be sure to attend the special deep-dive sessions on Sunday (#407) and Monday (#412) to hear experts review the impact of the LBCT results.
Expand your horizons with keynotes by leading experts from around the world, such as the opening ceremony Simon L. Dack Keynote address to be given by Roberto Canessa from Uruguay or enjoy joint symposia with diverse cardiology groups from all over the world. Find important sessions that explore innovative treatment centers, social media and emerging technology and policy issues.
At ACC.19, you will have the opportunity to explore new possibilities in cardiovascular care, expand your career horizons, engage with colleagues and attain the knowledge you need to provide optimum care for your patients.
Don't miss these hot topics:
- The Nuts & Bolts of Starting a Niche CV Program at Your Institution: Lipid Clinic, Valve Clinic/Structural Heart Disease Program, Adult Congenital Heart Disease Program and Atrial Fibrillation Clinic (session #655)
- Social Media for Today's Cardiologist: A Necessary Professional Pathway or a Potentially Dangerous Fad for CV Science (session #6505)
- Evaluating Disruptive Technology in a Value Based World (session #747)
- Rise of Intelligent Machines: The Potential of Artificial Intelligence in Cardiovascular Care (session #6509)
- Addressing Barriers to Women Entering and Advancing in Cardiology (session #719)
- Diversity and Inclusion in Cardiology: Where are We headed? (session #6502)
- Innovation Bootcamp: Training Fellows, Cardiology Educators, and Shaping Innovators (session #620)
- E-Cigs: Role and Risk (session #6503)
In addition, don't miss these sessions which bring together specialties:
- Special Controversies in Anticoagulation After Cardiac Surgery (session #638)
- Cases from the Guidelines for Clinicians (session #804)
- Special Best of JACC Journals and Eugene Braunwald Keynote (session #411)
Remember to check out the topic-specific Core Curriculum sessions and take advantage of self-assessment opportunities in the multiple Test Yourself with Questions sessions or the Personalized Skills & Simulation Center.
| 2018 American College of Cardiology Foundation. Visit ACC.org|