Can I submit an abstract or case to ACC.24 if it has been presented previously?
For ACC.24, please refer to the following table to determine eligibility for submission of scientific abstracts and complex cases for presentation at ACC.24. These criteria protect the quality, originality, and integrity of the science and case discussions featured during ACC.24.
- Abstracts/cases that have not previously been presented either live or virtually at another professional society meeting or published prior to ACC.24 are eligible for submission.
- If an abstract/case has been presented (either live or virtually) only at an ACC state chapter meeting or ACC international meeting (ACC Asia, ACC Latin America, ACC Middle East), it is eligible for submission to ACC.24.
- If an abstract/case has been presented (either live or virtually) only to a state medical society or country society meeting, or local institutional meeting, it is eligible for submission to ACC.24.
- If an abstract/case is also planned for submission or presentation at a meeting taking place after ACC.24, it is eligible to be submitted to the ACC Annual Scientific Session.
- Abstracts/cases may be submitted to journals for publication if the journals agree to hold publication until the ACC.24 embargo is lifted on the designated day at 8 am ET.
- Abstracts/cases are not eligible for consideration if they have been presented either live or virtually at a national meeting held in the United States or any non-ACC international meeting held prior to ACC.24.*
- Abstracts/cases are not eligible for consideration if they have been presented live or virtually at programs held by non-profit organizations (e.g., ACC live U.S. courses).
- Abstracts/cases are not eligible for consideration if the abstract has been published prior to ACC.24.
- If abstracts/cases are submitted to journals for publication and the journals do not agree to hold publication until the embargo is lifted and the abstract/case is published prior to that date, the abstract/case must be withdrawn from ACC.24.
* Examples of this type of meeting include, but are not limited to, scientific sessions by the American Heart Association (AHA), Heart Rhythm Society (HRS), Heart Failure Society of America (HFSA), Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT), Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI), and European Society of Cardiology (ESC).
Requests for exceptions to these eligibility requirements must be made in writing and will be reviewed by the ACC.24 Chair and ACC.24 Vice Chair. These situations are expected to be rare given the comprehensive guidance as detailed above.
If you have any questions, please contact Holly Santry on ACC staff at (email@example.com