Personalized Skills & Simulation Center
The Personalized Skills & Simulation Center at ACC.24 offers a blended learning space where participants are immersed in a dynamic educational experience that offers asynchronous hands-on simulation stations across variety of CV disease states. In addition, a small stage seamlessly combines interactive lectures with hands-on learning stations.
Put your knowledge into action in the with a variety of immersive, hands-on learning opportunities and practice procedural and decision-making skills in this unique, self-directed, self-paced environment.
- Learn by Doing: Immersive Simulation Experiences in Critical Care Medicine, Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, Arrhythmia Detection and Management, and Blood Pressure: Immerse yourself in a simulation learning experience, where joy in learning meets hands-on exploration. Choose from 15 hands-on simulation stations, including a 7-station CICU with POCUS, PAC, MCS, and pericardiocentesis, an EP Lab offering implantable cardiac monitoring and temporary pacing practice, and HCM stations presenting diagnosis and treatment challenges alongside real-time use of CPET.
- Cath Lab Conundrum: A Team-based Escape Room Challenge: Step into a captivating escape room tailored for attendees of all backgrounds, with no prior cath lab experience required. Join forces to unravel a critical event in the Cath Lab, where you'll diagnose and treat a simulated patient. Filled with clues, puzzles, and riddles directly linked to the patient's condition and medical history, this scenario-driven escape room offers an exciting learning journey. Join us for an exhilarating experience that not only boosts teamwork but also sharpens essential skills crucial for success in providing high-quality TAVR care!
- Lonely Nights in the CICU: The Key Troubleshooting Skills Required: It seems the call always happens at 2am! Join our seasoned critical care experts in this case-based learning session, where they dissect the essential troubleshooting skills needed during those late-night shifts in the CICU. Explore the intricacies of Point-of-Care Ultrasound (POCUS), unravel the ABCs of Pulmonary Survival for the Pulmonary Artery Catheter (PAC), and navigate through Mechanical Circulatory Support and pericardiocentesis scenarios. This session is your guide to mastering the challenges of the night shift in the CICU.
- Demystifying HCM: An Exploration of Diagnosis and Treatment Using Case-based Learning: Are you ready to demystify hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) and gain practical insights into its diagnosis and treatment? Join Matthew W. Martinez, MD, FACC and Michael Ayers, MD, FACC, esteemed experts in HCM, for an interactive learning experience that offers practical approaches in HCM diagnosis and management. Engage in real-time case discussions, where you can pose questions to both the "patient" and the experts, interpret diagnostic studies with expert guidance, and collaboratively develop a treatment plan. Bring your questions and join us at the Personalized Skills Center stage for an illuminating exploration of HCM.
- CPET Beyond Heart Failure: A Critical Tool for HCM: Join us for a comprehensive exploration of Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing (CPET), its core principles and diverse applications beyond heart failure. This case-based learning session will offer insights into the fundamentals of CPET performance and interpretation. Gain practical knowledge in deciphering CPET data and learn from real-life, real-time case studies to enhance your clinical decision-making. Whether you're a cardiologist, pulmonologist, physiologist, exercise physiologist or a researcher, this session is your gateway to unlocking CPET's diagnostic and prognostic potential for HCM.
- Contemporary Approaches to Arrythmia Diagnosis in a Smart Device World