Valvular Heart Disease Learning Pathway
Learn more about these sessions and more happening at ACC.19.
Download the Dynamic Program Chart.
The Valvular Heart Disease (VHD) Learning Pathway addresses all types of valvular heart disease. The program includes not only the more typical valve lesion topics such as aortic stenosis or mitral regurgitation but also topics, such as tricuspid regurgitation or valve therapy pitfalls, which are generating new information that could tailor future management decisions.
Sessions are built on clinically relevant topics and include various diagnostic and treatment options encountered by all practitioners and their teams. Several sessions include case studies, case presentations, panel discussions and audience response systems. With the selection of topics, expert opinions and colleague input, attendees can look forward to participating in a thorough examination of the current state of valvular heart disease and what the future portends.
Whether it's a review of the past year in session #912, improving TAVR outcomes in #707 or aortic insufficiency and aortopathies in #621, the VHD program is packed with information for specialists and general practitioners, physician and non-physician providers.
Today's medicine requires cardiovascular professionals to consider the whole patient in their treatment plans. Be sure to join us for ACC.19, where you will be able to get the whole perspective on cardiovascular care. ACC.19 is more than a meeting; it's an experience.
Here are some key sessions that shouldn't be missed:
- Imaging and Physiologic Testing and in Its Implication in Valvular Heart Disease (session #639) is aimed at answering how and when to perform and interpret physiologic testing in valve disease
- A Dysfunctional heart: The Role of Myocardial Dysfunction in the Evaluation and Management of Aortic and Mitral Valve Disease: A Case-based Approach (session #657) offers detailed assessment and management of types of ventricular dysfunction in mitral and aortic valve disease
- Aortic Disease: Surveillance, Replacement and Return to Life (session #669) addresses patients returning to normal life activities after undergoing aortic surgery
- Every Storm Runs out of Rain: Valvular Heart Disease and Pregnancy: From Preconception Counseling to Delivery and Thereafter (session #682) addresses the management of valve disease in pregnancy from planning up to and after delivery
- Pitfalls in Valve Interventions (session 762) will also be provocative and incredibly useful
Plus, don't miss these hot topics:
- Tricuspid Valve: The Middle Child of Valvular Heart Disease? (session #695)
- Improving TAVR Outcomes: It's Not Just the Valve! (session #707)
- Highlighted Original Research: Valvular Heart Disease and the Year in Review (session #912)
- The Role of Vasculature in Valvular Heart Disease (session #773)
- Road to Transcatheter Mitral Valve Therapies (session #721)
| 2018 American College of Cardiology Foundation. Visit ACC.org|