Valvular Heart Disease Learning Pathway
The Valvular Heart Disease (VHD) Learning Pathway reflects the transformation of care of patients with valvular heart disease through a greater understanding of trials, registries and translational science. You’ll find informative, interactive sessions that expand their understanding and knowledge of how to provide the highest level of care for their patients.
From general reviews to case-based sessions to a look at the future, many sessions will provide with a look into this rapidly changing field. Join national and international experts as they explore the evidence and controversies associated with recent changes and treatment thresholds outlined in the VHD Guidelines update and evaluate how to apply the updates as well as identify best practices and apply them to clinical practice.
In addition, the importance of the heart team approach in treating patients with complex VHD maintains will be explored with sessions featuring multidisciplinary representation of practitioners who care for patients with valvular heart disease, including imaging, intervention, and surgical specialists. Several highly informative sessions that focus on individual patient issues or individualizing patient care rely on the full cadre of a cardiovascular team and other specialists to offer guidance on the care of these patients.
Whether it’s a review of the past year or a look to the future, the VHD program is packed with information for specialists and general practitioners, physician and non-physician providers.
- Valvular Heart Disease Guidelines: Controversies and Future (Session #635)
- Making Sense of Mitral Valve Disease: Evolving Practices (Session #676)
- Contemporary Diagnosis and Management of Aortic Valve Regurgitation and Aortopathy (Session #772)
- Pitfalls in Assessing Valvular Heart Disease (Session #660)
- Infectious Endocarditis: Getting the Bugs Out (Session #661)
- Joint Symposium of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons and ACC: TAVR vs SAVR at Age 70: Which Would You Choose? (Session #689)
- Toward Individualizing Care: Innovations in Valvular Heart Disease Diagnosis and Treatment (Session #742)
- The Athlete With Valvular Heart Disease: Opinions From Around the World (Session #758)
- Moms With Murmurs: Managing Pregnancy in Patients With Valvular Heart Disease (Session #773)
- Optimizing Outcomes in the Era of TAVR: Risk Assessment and Beyond (Session #718)
- Best Practices: Managing the TAVR Patient Beginning to End (Session #757)
- Advanced Valve Centers: A New System of Care for Valve Disease (Session #649)
- Aortic Stenosis: It Used to Be So Simple (Session #648)
- Highlighted Original Research: Valvular Heart Disease and the Year in Review (Session #912)
| 2018 American College of Cardiology Foundation. Visit ACC.org|