Congenital Heart Disease Learning Pathway
Learn more about these sessions and more happening at ACC.19.
Download the Dynamic Program Chart.
In the evolving field of congenital heart disease (CHD), cardiovascular professionals find they must be innovative almost every day. The unique nature of CHD is that there is no patient in whom cardiovascular disease, valvular disease, heart failure, cardiomyopathy or related conditions are not relevant, which is why the multidisciplinary nature of both ACC.19 and the CHD pathway is so impactful.
Nowhere but at ACC.19, will cardiovascular professionals find a Congenital Heart Disease Learning Pathway that features expert updates on state-of-the art care for congenital/pediatric heart disease patients and offers multiple opportunities to discuss challenging clinical and practice issues related to congenital/pediatric heart disease.
Attend sessions that challenge the "gold standards" in CHD care or introduce practice-changing concepts, while other sessions will open controversial topics to expert panel discussions, debates, audience response and Q&A. Hear from a wide spectrum of members of the cardiovascular care team and take advantage of the many opportunities to participate.
Many of the gains in caring more successfully for patients with CHD can be attributed to the multidisciplinary approach enhancing care options and ACC.19 brings together experts from across specialties to support this. At ACC.19, the CHD pathway will provide new information on important issues faced by all team members in their clinical practices. Don't miss this opportunity to interact with peers, share knowledge and ensure you are following the best practices for your patients.
Don't miss these special topics:
- Innovations in Pediatric Cardiac Care: A Peek Around the Corner (session #687)
- Imaging Innovation Hub for Congenital Heart Disease (session #627)
- Catheter and Surgical Therapy for Congenital Heart Disease: It's Not the Big Easy (session #600)
- Fetal Cardiology: Today's Challenging Cases and Tomorrow's Promising Therapies (session #610)
- Heart Failure in Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease: Case-based Conversations with Experts (session #673)
- On the Cutting Edge of Congenital Aortic Valve Disease — Surgical Options in 2019: Joint Symposium of the American Association for Thoracic Surgery and the American College of Cardiology (session #660)
- Rhythm and Blues: Electrophysiology Progress and Controversies in Congenital Heart Disease (session #700)
- Family Feud: Heart Teams (session #6008)
- Hot Takes on Acquired Pediatric Heart Disease (session #644)
- Promoting Progress in Congenital Heart Disease: Featuring the Dan G. McNamara Keynote by Gerard R. Martin (session #736)
In addition to all the great CHD education happening at ACC.19, don’t forget to arrive a day early and join us for the Division Chiefs Summit and CHD Community Day taking place at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, Armstrong Ballroom on Friday, March 15.
Pediatric cardiology division chiefs are invited to join their colleagues for the Division Chiefs Summit, 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. CT on Friday, March 15. Hear from four of your peers on how their institutions measure FTEs, and then exchange ideas and strategies in small group discussions.
In addition, CHD Community Day is taking place on Friday, March 15 from 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. CT and is an opportunity to meet with a cross-disciplinary group of your cardiovascular colleagues to tackle the challenges of, and opportunities to, effectively treat congenital heart disease. This interactive session focuses on avoiding burnout, early career development, payer relations and advocacy. Connect with your community.
| 2018 American College of Cardiology Foundation. Visit ACC.org|