Acute and Stable Ischemic Heart Disease (ASIHD) Learning Pathway
Learn more about these sessions and more happening at ACC.19.
Download the Dynamic Program Chart.
The Acute and Stable Ischemic Heart Disease (ASIHD) Learning Pathway has something for everyone. The program includes hot topics like high-sensitivity troponin, cardiogenic shock, genetics and MINOCA, as well as SCAD, state-of-the art diagnosis, STEMI patient management, clinical conundrums, cardiovascular outcomes, and much more.
All providers on the cardiovascular care team will find the ASIHD pathway to be a powerful, creatively structured and informative program. Sessions include many international cardiovascular experts as well as a variety of non-cardiovascular specialists and advanced practice providers.
Sessions make liberal use of case presentations, audience response systems, debates and other innovative, interactive techniques. Widespread use of case-based presentations and debates throughout the program will enliven panel discussions and give attendees the feeling of hands-on learning. The active program will challenge participants to rethink how they would respond not just in new scenarios but in daily clinical practice.
The program includes several hot topics; both spontaneous coronary artery dissection (SCAD) and myocardial infarction with non-obstructive coronary arteries (MINOCA), which return from last year for more in-depth discussion. Genetic testing remains an important topic because of its potential influence on the future of cardiovascular medicine, and high sensitivity troponin and acute cardiogenic shock top the chart in high interest. No matter the topic, though, all cardiovascular team members will find sessions to be relevant and stimulating.
Don't miss these hot topics:
- High Sensitivity Troponin - Ready for Prime Time? (session #609)
- Acute Cardiogenic Shock: Progress, Paradigms, and Problems (session #659)
- Dissecting the Data: 2019 Update on Spontaneous Coronary Artery Dissection (session #672)
- Myocardial Infarction with Non-Obstructive Coronary Arteries: It's Time to Look Beyond the Surface! (session #698)
- Genetic Testing: New Frontiers in Cardiovascular Care (session #642)
- Updates in Antiplatelet Management (session #671)
- Triple-doubles in Clinical Practice: Should "Double Therapy" Replace "Triple therapy" When Anticoagulation and Antiplatelet Therapy are Needed? (session #750)
- Controversies in ACS Guidelines and Actual Care: What the Experts Don't Always Tell You (session #735)
- Evaluation of Low Risk Chest Pain in the Emergency Department (session #643)
- Discussions on Revascularization for Stable Ischemic Heart Disease (session #685)
- Ongoing Debates in the Management of Patients with STEMI (session #686)
- Masters Athletes and Coronary Artery Disease: From Risks to the Finish Line (session #708)
- Refractory Angina: Options for Patients With "No Options" (session #725)
- Highlighted Original Research: Acute and Stable Ischemic Heart Disease and the Year in Review with Valentin Fuster, MD, PhD (session #906)
- Get Inspired by the Legends in Cardiovascular Medicine at the Engage@ACC.19 Studio (session #6010)
| 2018 American College of Cardiology Foundation. Visit ACC.org|