Acute and Stable Ischemic Heart Disease
The Acute and Stable Ischemic Heart Disease (ASIHD) Learning Pathway is a powerful and informative program with topics that will span the spectrum, including strategies for developing a team, decision-making in ACS, sex difference in cardiovascular disease and great debates in Ischemia. The program also covers state-of-the art diagnosis, comprehensive evidence-based management, clinical conundrums, cardiovascular outcomes, secondary prevention of acute and stable ischemic heart disease and much more.
With a plethora of sessions packed with debates, insight and information, attendees will have ample opportunity to participate in sessions. During session #692, The Science and Magic of Decision Making: The Hogwart's Approach to Ischemic Heart Disease, hear perplexing clinical scenarios presented by FITs, followed by expert analyses of the scientific data, panel discussions and audience Q and A and finally a summary of the “art” of decision-making.
Find out how successful heart teams from three major institutions would approach selected patient scenarios in Session #6001, Heart Teams in Action: Complex Coronary Revascularization Decision-Making. Patient case presentations are followed by a panel and audience question and answer period and audience polling while the heart team strategizes its approach. Following the team’s strategy presentation, the patient’s actual outcome is revealed. The session allows you to be part of the action and provides insight into how effective heart teams work.
All members of the cardiovascular team need to take an active role in the ASIHD Learning Pathway and share their heart team experiences and knowledge with colleagues and peers. Join us and explore the art and science of cardiovascular medicine at ACC.18.
- What is the PROMISE of ISCHEMIA: Now Thrown Into ORBITA? (Session #761)
- The Mad Hatter's Approach to Refractory Angina Management: Debates on Out-of-the Box Therapies (Session #651)
- Managing Angina: Main Street, or Adventureland? (Session #608)
- Controversies in ACS Guidelines (Session #664)
- Coronary Care Unit Clinical Conundrums: Alice in Wonderland (Session #623)
- Evaluation of Low Risk Chest Pain in the Emergency Department/Chest Pain Center (Session #663)
- The Athlete With Ischemic Heart Disease: What Do I Do Now? (Session #679)
- The Coronary Microcirculation: Where Interventionalists and Physiologists Meet (Session #720)
- Spontaneous Coronary Artery Dissection: A Real Villain (Session #730)
- Analyzing the Data: Blockbuster Trials in Acute and Stable Ischemic Heart Disease (Session #746)
- Adoption of High Sensitivity Troponin Assays in the United States (Session #708)
- Highlighted Original Research: Acute and Stable Ischemic Heart Disease and the Year in Review with Valentin Fuster, MD, PhD (Session #907)
| 2018 American College of Cardiology Foundation. Visit ACC.org|