Pulmonary Vascular Disease
Use the ACC.21 Online Planner and Virtual Schedule to browse sessions.
For ACC.21, the Pulmonary Vascular Disease Learning Pathway is power-packed with information for specialists in the field, general cardiologists, Fellows in Training (FITs) and cardiovascular professionals who work in critical care cardiology. The program derives its strength from the depth of its topics, delving into the nuances of treating right ventricle versus left ventricle heart disease, global disparities in treatment of pulmonary hypertension and debates by experts on issues inherent to treating aspects of pulmonary hypertension.
Take an in-depth look at the treatment of right ventricle heart disease, amid the growing awareness of the need to understand how its treatment might differ from left heart disease (session 629) and receive state of the art updates and learn about what to expect on the horizon for treating right ventricle heart disease. All professionals will find this to be a valuable session; however, those who specialize or intend to specialize in critical care cardiology or heart failure should mark it as a "can't miss" session.
Pulmonary hypertension experts will lead informative debates on various topics including the use of balloon angioplasty in CTEPH and exercise as a useful screening tool (session 644), as well as presentations, discussions, and patient panel discussions on the four types of pulmonary hypertension as defined by the World Health Organization (session 698).
With pulmonary hypertension's increasing prominence as one of the top causes of mortality worldwide, attend a presentation on the pathophysiology of right heart failure in COVID-19 (session 683), and review the case of one patient at the different stages of treatment that includes a special nod to the PharmDs (session 775).
General cardiologists, heart failure specialists, vascular specialists, FITs and all CVT members will find the Pulmonary Vascular Disease pathway filled with information that will help them advance and elevate their care of patients. No matter your cardiovascular specialty, make sure that you or a team member join some of these sessions during ACC.21.
Plus, don't miss these topics:
- Highlighted Original Research: Pulmonary Vascular Disease and the Year in Review (session 904)
- Topical Topics in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (session 744)
- Progression of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension Pharmacotherapy: Plainly Played-out in a Patient Case (session 775)
- Polite Parlays in Pulmonary Hypertension (session 644)
- Journey of the Right Ventricle in Pulmonary Hypertension: Staying Alive (session 629)
- Perspectives on Pulmonary Hypertension - A "Global Health Spoken Here" Session (session 683)
- Pulmonary Hypertension Primer: WHO Are the Groups? (session 698)
| 2021 American College of Cardiology Foundation. Visit ACC.org|