Interventional and Structural Cardiology
Use the ACC.21 Online Planner and Virtual Schedule to browse sessions.
The Interventional and Structural Cardiology Learning Pathway at ACC.21 touches all areas of interventional and structural cardiology. Interventionalists, as well as general cardiologists, other specialists, FITs and all members of the cardiovascular team will find a broad range of sessions on emerging technologies and techniques, everyday dilemmas, and challenges with complex or simple coronary, structural, valvular and endovascular disease. The pathway builds a robust, exciting, and thorough program by including the multidisciplinary input and partnerships inherent in caring for cardiovascular patients today.
As in past years, the Interventional pathway will feature case sessions that are highly informative and provide multiple opportunities for audience interaction. Look for joint ACC symposiums on complex case-based decision-making (session 636) and complex and high-risk PCI (session 678). Think outside the box with imaginative innovations in the Cath Lab (session 637) and interventional challenging cases (session 906). Plus, find out who will be crowned most impactful clinical trial of 2020 (session 726).
FITs interested in interventional cardiology should mark their calendars for the two Fellows Bootcamps: an interactive structural session exploring controversies in TAVR with both surgeon and interventionalist's perspectives (session 692), and a deep dive into coronary and peripheral disease management (session 713). For the CV Team, hear from both nurses and physicians as they examine the CV Team of the future (session 622).
The Interventional and Structural Cardiology program is extensive and typically covers a wide range of topics, but whether your focus is on valvular interventions, cardiogenic shock or elsewhere, all members of the cardiovascular team interested in interventional and structural cardiology will find sessions informative.
Plus, don't miss these hot topics:
- Precision PCI in the Real World: What Do I Use Every Day? (Session 608)
- Complex Dilemmas in Valvular Heart Disease (Session 740)
- Great Debates in Vascular Medicine (Session 770)
- Shock Teams and Shock Docs (Session 666)
- Bleeding Reduction Strategies Following PCI (Session 655)
- Parenteral Antithrombotic Therapies for ACS and PCI (Session 693)
- Tough Choices: Cases in Cardiogenic Shock (Session 741)
- Under the Bright Light: Debates in Interventional Cardiology (Session 771)
- Cardiologist Versus Calcium: Unstoppable Force Meets Immovable Object (Session 781)
- Invasive Imaging and Physiology Diagnosis and Management of ACS Patients and Plaques (Session 607)
- Antithrombotic Management in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation Undergoing PCI (Session 654)
- Debates: Should We Tailor Antiplatelet Therapy for PCI? (Session 754)
| 2021 American College of Cardiology Foundation. Visit ACC.org|