Heart Failure and Cardiomyopathies
Use the ACC.21 Online Planner and Virtual Schedule to browse sessions.
The Heart Failure (HF) and Cardiomyopathies Learning Pathway at ACC.21 will deliver a diverse, comprehensive program of topics and speakers highlighting best practices and cutting-edge information, and appealing to the entire cardiovascular team, regardless of their career stage. A variety of presenters reflect the multidisciplinary effort required to provide optimal care for patients with heart failure and cardiomyopathies.
Among the many topics included in the program, several are particularly timely, discussing the effects of COVID-19 on heart health. Discuss the intersection of COVID-19 and advanced heart failure (session 738) and dive deeper into the effects of the pandemic on HF in diverse populations (session 708). Other HF hot topic highlights include the benefits and opportunities for improvement of telemedicine across the spectrum of heart failure care (session 675), and emerging breakthrough medicines and therapies (session 634).
The practice of medicine today calls on providers to care for the whole patient in the context of multiple medical issues. Providing optimal cardiovascular care often relies on a multidisciplinary effort that may include varied medical specialists, creating an interdisciplinary effort. Attendees will find several sessions that reflect this interdisciplinary scenario in the HF and Cardiomyopathies pathway, discussing critical care (650), obesity in HFpEF (session 779), Global Health (session 651), and pump vs rhythm (session 688) sessions. Join a case-based session on the mysteries of cardiac amyloidosis that will offer an interactive interdisciplinary forum and should be quite informative and entertaining. The HF and Cardiomyopathies Learning Pathway will provide all members of the cardiovascular team with a wealth of information for improving their treatment of patients with their individual comorbidities, such as cancer or diabetes.
Plus, don't miss these other hot topics:
- Diabetes and Heart Failure (Session 633)
- Holy Estrogen! Sex Disparities in Heart Failure Therapies: Biology, Bias or Both? (Session 649)
- Contemporary Challenges in Cardiac Critical Care: Structure, Staffing, Training and Beyond (Session 650)
- What Can We Learn From Each Other For Global Heart Failure Care? - A "Global Health Spoken Here" Session (Session 651)
- Minimally Invasive Therapies and Devices in AHF Featuring the 2021 Douglas Zipes Award Keynote (663)
- Kanu and Docey Chatterjee Keynote and Seminal Talks in Heart Failure: Clarity from Confusion in Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction (HFpEF) (Session 674)
- Treat the Pump or Treat the Rhythm? Let's Talk About Both! (Session 688)
- Off-Beat Topics in Heart Failure: Improving Dysfunction by Treating the Rhythm (Session 723)
- Universal Definition of Heart Failure: Joint Symposium of the Heart Failure Society of America and ACC (Session 721)
- COVID 19 and Heart Failure: Lessons Learned and Future Directions (Session 738)
- Cardio-Oncology: Today's Standard of Practice (Session 748)
- Overcoming Therapeutic Inertia — Maximizing Guideline Driven Medical Therapy in Heart Failure (Session 749)
| 2021 American College of Cardiology Foundation. Visit ACC.org|