Heart Failure and Cardiomyopathies Learning Pathway
Use the ACC.20/WCC Online Planner to browse sessions and start building your itinerary.
Browse sessions in a PDF schedule format organized by Pathway.
The Heart Failure (HF) and Cardiomyopathies Learning Pathway program features sessions that portray the team approach in substance and action. Attendees will find a program that provides state-of-the-art evidence-based education presented by a diverse array of speakers from a broad range of disciplines and career stages. The program brings together the leading global experts in each field to maximize learning in an interactive environment and features various cardiovascular team members making presentations and participating on panels.
The ACC/WHF partnership brings a focus on global health to ACC.20/WCC and attendees will learn about innovative teaching and training techniques for health care teams around the world, with sessions such as Heart Failure Around the Globe to give insight into care in other regions.
Given the complexities of treating heart failure patients and their potential comorbidities, sessions covering data from PARAGON, DAPA, and new data on amyloidosis are hot topics. Other sessions cover a broad range of topics in acute heart failure, cardiogenic shock and ambulatory care.
The practice of medicine today calls on providers to care for the whole patient in the context of other medical issues such as cardio-oncology or arrhythmia and heart failure. Join your colleagues and peers in Chicago for the HF and Cardiomyopathies Learning Pathway. Only ACC.20/WCC allows you to learn from the experts, share your experiences, and network with others in a forum that delivers the most complete picture of what is happening with cardiovascular medicine and cardiovascular teams in 2020.
Don't miss out on these topics:
- Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection (HFpEF): Can We Breathe Easier? (Session #630)
- Unfolding the Mysteries of Cardiac Amyloidosis: An Interactive Case-Based Discussion (Session #614)
- The Buzz Around Diabetes and Heart Failure: From Pathophysiology, Prevention to Treatment (Session #719)
- Harnessing the Power of Technology: Enabled Monitoring and Management in HF (Session #687)
- Emerging Drug Therapies for Heart Failure: Coming Soon to a Clinic Near You (Session #718)
- Heart Failure, Left to Its Own Devices (Session #733)
- Controversial Topics in Cardiac Transplantation and Ventricular Assist Devices (Session #631)
- Cardio-Oncology: Today's Standard of Practice (Session #706)
- Challenging Cases in Cardio-Oncology (Session #732)
- Treat the Pump or Treat the Rhythm? Let's Talk About Both! (Session #781)
- Overcoming Therapeutic Inertia — Maximizing Guideline-Driven Medical Therapy in Heart Failure (Session #629)
- Conundrums in Application of Guideline Directed Therapies in Real-World Scenarios — Impact on Minority Populations: Joint Symposia of the Association of Black Cardiologists and ACC (Session #673)
- Heart Failure with Recovered Ejection Fraction: Joint Session of The Heart Failure Society of America and ACC (Session #672)
- State of Shock: Past, Present and Future, featuring the Douglas P. Zipes, MD, MACC, Distinguished Young Scientist Awardee Presentation and Keynote (Session #747)
- Core Knowledge in Action: What Everyone Ought to Know About HFpEF (Session #801)
- Heart Failure Around the Globe (Session #648)
- Hemodynamics of Heart Failure — You Thought You Knew Them! (Session #647)
- Challenging Cases in Acute Heart Failure (Session #646)
- Dealing With Worsening Heart Failure: Tips for the Non HF-Specialist (Session #746)
| 2019 American College of Cardiology Foundation. Visit ACC.org|