Fellows in Training and Early Career Professionals
Fellows in Training (FIT) and Early Career Cardiovascular Professionals will begin their cardiology careers in a changing, more complex health care scenario that includes multiple specialty choices, different reimbursement and team management approaches, and intriguing new treatment options. In today’s environment, effective patient care often calls for multidisciplinary teams, which makes attending ACC.17 all the more important for cardiovascular professionals at the beginning of their careers.
Only at ACC.17 will you have the opportunity to learn everything you need to address the evolving world of cardiovascular medicine and achieve success in your profession. Take advantage of ACC.17’s world-class educational opportunities, career advice, hands-on training, networking opportunities, and more — all set in the nation’s capital, Washington, D.C.!
Begin your ACC.17 experience by focusing on programming developed specifically for you. The popular FIT Forum Mix and Mingle affords you the opportunity to meet and interact informally with a variety of leaders in the cardiovascular profession from multiple subspecialties. Also on Friday, March 17, following the Mix and Mingle, is the popular Stump the Professor. Saturday features two more FIT Forum Sessions and an important mentoring session for Fellows and Early Career professionals. Don’t miss this opportunity to meet colleagues and learn valuable information.
- FIT Forum: Mix and Mingle
- FIT Forum: Stump the Professor (session #900)
- FIT Forum: Scholarship and Education (session #300)
- FIT Forum: Acing the Transition What FITs Need to Know to Launch a Successful Career (session #301)
- Mentoring the Care Team: FITs, Early Career Professionals and CV Team Members (session #724)
The second annual FIT Jeopardy: Battle of the State Chapters competition will be held at ACC.17 with 32 FIT teams competing in a two-day tournament for prizes, glory, and the title of national ACC FIT Jeopardy Champion. All sessions will be held in the ENGAGE@ACC.17 Studio on the Expo Floor. Be sure to stop by and cheer for your state chapter!
- Preliminary Rounds: Friday March 17, 9:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. and 1:45 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.
- Semi-final Rounds: Saturday March 18, 9:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
- Final Round: Saturday March 18, 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
In addition, take some time to support your colleagues during the Young Investigator Awards on Friday, March 17 from 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. in the Poster Hall.
If you are interested in Interventional Cardiology, the Interventional Cardiology Learning Pathway Bootcamp sessions take place on Sunday, March 19:
- Fellows Bootcamp: Interventional Basics (session #303)
- Fellows Bootcamp: Peripheral Vascular Disease and Structural Heart Disease Management (session #304)
- Fellows Bootcamp: Coronary Disease Management (session #305)
As for the rest of ACC.17, step off the grid and experience a wide range of learning opportunities. Take special note of the Pharmacology program on Friday which deals with medication prescribing in the elderly; discontinuation of anticoagulants, when and how; and whether PPIs and DAPT go together.
Don’t forget the daily Late-Breaking Clinical Trials, which start Friday at the Opening Showcase. And consider attending at least one of the ACC.17 Intensive programs, too. The topics — Faculty Development, Equity in Health Care, Palliative Care — reflect important areas of concern for cardiovascular professionals.
Take advantage of the many things offered at ACC.17 and expand your personal network by getting to know fellow FITs from across the country, and gain practical skills you’ll use every day.