Contact the ACC Registration and Housing Center
FIT and Early Career Professionals
Use the ACC.20/WCC Online Planner to browse sessions and start building your itinerary.
Browse sessions in a PDF schedule format organized by Pathway.
As a Fellow in Training or Early Career Professional at ACC.20/WCC, you will find the tools you need to address the evolving scenarios in medicine and cardiology and achieve success in your profession. ACC.20/WCC opens a door to the whole of cardiovascular medicine in one place and will provide you a value that can't be obtained online or found in podcasts and books. Nowhere else will you have the same opportunity to find mentors, network with colleagues, find training positions and jobs, gain insight into non-clinical aspects of cardiology, all the while keeping up to date on current medical advances and research.
Begin your ACC.20/WCC experience with programming planned specifically for FITs. During the FIT Forum: Mix and Mingle, you will be able to meet and interact informally with peers and a variety of leaders from multiple subspecialties in the cardiovascular profession. Join peers and cheer on your state chapter for the fifth annual FIT Jeopardy: Battle of the State Chapters competition. Forty state chapter FIT teams will compete in a two-day tournament for prizes, glory, and the title of national ACC FIT Jeopardy Champion.
The FIT Lounge continues to be a great place to meet other Fellows and mingle between sessions. Check the FIT Lounge schedule for the smaller, more intimate mentoring sessions with experts in cardiology.
- FIT Mix and Mingle (Session #415)
- FIT Jeopardy: Battle of the States (Session #6001)
- Art with Heart: Tales of Creativity in Cardiology (Session #6507)
- Stump the Professor (#908)
Plus, if you are interested in Interventional Cardiology, don't miss the Fellows Bootcamp Interventional Bootcamp sessions on structural and coronary disease management.
Early Career cardiovascular professionals should check in at the Early Career lounge to meet peers, network and find out more about specific sessions or events for their group.
As for the rest of ACC.20/WCC, explore the many learning and networking possibilities, and attend the special Global Health sessions taking place throughout the meeting.
The Pharmacology program covers timely topics such as Anticoagulation Conundrums in Mechanical Circulatory Support, Tackling the Supersized Epidemic of Cardio-Diabetes, and Cardio-Oncologic Lexicon and Pearls for the Cardiovascular Specialist. Try to attend the CardioObstetrics Intensive which exemplifies the complexity of today's medicine and its overlapping disciplines. Plus, get hands-on training in the Personalized Skills & Simulation Center or improve your basic knowledge with NEW Core Knowledge in Action sessions.
Take advantage of the many things offered at ACC.20/WCC and expand your personal network by getting to know fellow FITs and Early Career cardiovascular professionals and gain practical skills you'll use in the clinic every day.
Don't miss these hot topics:
- A Career in Academic Cardiology: Key Points to Success (Session #679)
- Special Cases from the Guidelines for Clinicians (Session #404)
- Treating Patients With STEMI: What They Didn't Teach You in Fellowship! (Session #601)
- MINOCA: A Show and Tell with the Experts (Session #760)
- ECGs with the Experts: Practical Considerations for the Cardiologist (Session #643)
- The Upside of Error: Lessons Learned by Experts (Session #6504)
- Making the Most of ACC.org: Your Digital Home for Continuous Improvement and Lifelong Learning (Session #6506)
- Challenges in Decision-Making in Cardiac Imaging: Patient Vs Society (Session #603)
- Dealing with Worsening Heart Failure: Tips for the Non HF-Specialist (Session #746)
- Cholesterol Guidelines in the Real World: High Yield Topics for the Busy Clinician (Session #620)
- Cardiovascular Update for the Clinician I – V, with Valentin Fuster, PhD, MD, MACC (Session #101 – 108)
- Best of JACC Journals & Eugene Braunwald Keynote (Session #413)
| 2019 American College of Cardiology Foundation. Visit ACC.org|